CHECKLIST: ESSENTIAL KITCHEN RENOVATION CHECKLIST
- Determine What You Want – The first step in a renovation is to decide what you want. You might need more space or you want to improve the design of your kitchen. An island may be a good option. Once you have everything in order, you will be able to estimate the cost and set a time frame.
- Select a Design and Aesthetic – When renovating your kitchen, it is important to choose the style you would like. Metallic appliances and shiny countertops are great options if you want a modern kitchen. Marble countertops add a luxurious look to your kitchen while hardwood gives it a vintage feel. Consider all options before deciding which one is right for you.
- Choose Your Wall and Floor Tiles – Adding tile to your kitchen will add texture and character. It is also easy to clean so it can be placed in areas where food might splash up, such as behind the stove. The wood-effect tiles add a beautiful look to your floor, but are easy to maintain.
- Budget is important – You may have a great idea for your kitchen but the extra requirements, modifications and changes may mean that the budget doesn’t allow it. These situations may lead to you choosing materials with similar prices but lower quality.
- Select the Right Lighting – Make sure you choose the right lighting for your kitchen. Pendant lights made of stainless steel will look great in modern kitchens, but they may not be appropriate for vintage designs. Pot lights are more suitable for every design.
- Take a Look at Some Unique Features. Your kitchen is your space. You can personalize it with many features that suit your needs. You have many options, including wine coolers and smart fridges. There are also instant boil taps and many other options that will make your time in the cooking area more enjoyable.